Environmental & Social Initiatives
thinkCOMPASS believes that a healthy environment is necessary for the well-being of society, our people and our business, and is the foundation for a sustainable and strong economy. Our commitment to environmental sustainability encompasses all of our business initiatives.
thinkCOMPASS is committed to minimizing our own environmental impact through the following:
ENERGY – Reducing Energy Consumption:
- Retrofitting with more energy-efficient indoor lighting fixtures, and using
natural lighting whenever possible.
- Using energy-efficient appliances in our kitchen.
- Turning off computers whenever they are not in use.
- Setting the computer to sleep mode when away for short periods of time.
- Use laptops or Switch thin client whenever possible to reduce energy consumption of desktop units.
- Turning off all peripherals such as printers, video cards, speakers,
and scanners when not in use.
- Reduce printer use – move to more digital solutions.
WATER – Conserving Water and Protecting Drinking Water:
- Installing Water – Conserving kitchen and restroom fixtures
- Installing hand dryers in our restrooms.
- Reducing bottle waste with our Brita filter.
WASTE – Moving Toward a Goal of Being a Reduced-Waste-Facility:
- Proper recycling of computers, ink and toner cartridges, old scanners,
- printers and batteries.
- Recycling of paper, bottles, and cans.
- Minimizing paper usage with digital communication/document storage for
- internal and external communication.
- Donating useable computer equipment, office fixtures and supplies,
- and cell phones (recycling what can’t be donated).
- Purchasing materials locally and choosing items made with post-consumer
- content and from renewable sources whenever possible.
- Printing using ‘Green’ paper products and vegetable or water-based
- inks whenever possible.
TRANSPORTATION – Reducing Our Mileage Travelled and Fuel Consumption:
- Encouraging employees to carpool, take public transportation, and bike to work.
- Reducing our shipping and distribution miles travelled via trip mapping and scheduling systems.
POLLUTION PREVENTION – Conserving Our Environment:
- Maintaining proper certification for our facility to ensure health and safety of our employees and products, we provide to our consumers.
- Using low toxic chemicals in our janitorial and maintenance routines.
- Minimizing use of hazardous materials and substituting with safe alternatives.